Surprising Health Risks of Single Cup Coffee Makers

Without a doubt, coffee is the ultimate energizing drink out there. This is the main reason why it’s so popular worldwide as well. But is coffee truly good for your health? The answer to this question actually depends on the preparation method of the beverage. If you want to find out why it’s recommended to throw out your single cup coffee maker, read the following lines to find out what surprising health risks it poses.

Mold lurks in the water tank

Many tests have been done on single cup coffee makers over the years, and the results are basically the same. An undesired and uninvited guest always makes an appearance in these coffee makers, this guest being mold. The reason why mold is such a common appearance in single cup coffee makers is because they provide a moist environment in which mold thrives.

Dangerous bacteria that reside in the coffee maker

Another scary and surprising fact about single cup coffee makers is that they host many harmful bacteria. Among the most dangerous bacteria that might be present in your coffee maker are E. coli, pseudomonas aeruginosa, streptococcus, and staphylococcus. The conclusion of those who underwent studies on coffee makers is that these appliances are the germiest places in one's home. If this statement alone isn't enough to make give up on drinking coffee that you brew with the single cup coffee maker, then it means that you don't care for your health at all.

Health issues that will occur if you don't stop using the single cup coffee maker

As we have already mentioned, the humid environment of the single cup coffee maker provides perfect growing ground for mold and bacteria. Of course, this means that consuming coffee which you prepare with this kitchen appliance will inevitably take a toll on your health. First of all, your allergies will be triggered by the mold that resides in the coffee maker. Also, you will feel abdominal pains and you will be faced with severe digestive issues after drinking coffee. Because of the mold in the coffee maker, you will have unpleasant symptoms like headaches, coughing, watery eyes, and sneezing. Therefore, don't let this appliance destroy your health and well-being, and start preparing your coffee in a kettle or using any other alternative in order to be safe.